The area around Ellensborough has grown rapidly in recent years, but without the necessary community facilities. Now South Dublin County Council has agreed to develop a park in the community. They have published draft proposals for the park behind Ellensborough 'Kiltipper Park', including walkways, two soccer pitches, a GAA pitch, a children's playground and woodland features. The community now has a chance to comment on this draft, point out any problems or missing features, and make alternative suggestions.
What's in the plans?
This image provides a rough overview of the plans for the park
How can you suggest an amendment?
These plans are currently out for public consultation, which means anyone can make a proposal, point out a problem in the plans or simply give feedback. The easiest way to do this is online using the SDCC Consultations website:
- If this is your first time using this website, you will need to create an account on the council website giving your name, address and email (organisations and agents can create separate accounts here). Once you have created an account, you need to confirm it by clicking a link sent to your email from firstname.lastname@example.org and log in
- Once you have an account go to the page about Kiltipper park here where you can see more information and click the blue '+ Make A Submission' button on the right-hand side.
- Now you have to set a title & location for your submission, you can set both to 'Kiltipper Park' & click next
- On thenext page select 'Theme' as 'Part 8 consultation', you can title the submission 'Kiltipper Park' or anything you like and the add whatever comment you like. There is no need to be too formal or legalistic in the comment, simply say what you think is missing, or could be improved with the plans.
- You can skip the bits about attachments and marking the map, unless you need those features
- Scroll down and click 'Save and review', this gives you a last chance to preview your submissions
- When ready click 'Submit Now'
- Please also let me know when you have made a submission and what you have proposed by sending an email to email@example.com or leaving a comment down below